Sinister: hm...

Edwardo J Rollipops artyfartystudent at xxx.com
Tue Sep 30 15:20:32 BST 1997

i've sent this twice already and i've not seen it on the list yet. i'm
sorry if some of you have seen it more than once:
---------------------------------------

>Lilac Time are relatively hard to come by in the
>U.S., since their entire catalogue has been deleted.

i am in love with the lilac time. i think that "and love for all" and
"paradise circus" are their best. i haven't really had a difficult time
finding their albums in the US. they kind of just fall into my lap. there
was a charity shop in my home town (suburb of san diego) at which i found
several lilac time (and orange juice!) goodies. that amazed me because
nobody back there has very good taste. the last time i was in norwich i
found a "laundry" 7" for 50 pence. a couple months ago i found "welcome
to hell, here's your accordion" at a flea market here in san francisco.
the only thing i don't have is "astronauts." perhaps if you don't look
very hard you'll find what you're looking for.

and as for music i'd recommend, here you go:
the smiths, nick drake, the divine comedy, patti smith, the sundays, the
magnetic fields, al green, mary margaret o'hara, the jam, the beautiful
south, the soundtrack from 'breakfast at tiffany's,' old bowie, teenage
fanclub, roxy music, elvis costello, simon and garfunkel, the style
council, the trashcan sinatras, weekend, talk talk, burt bacharach, aztec
camera, petula clark, the beatles, mcalmont & butler, sandie shaw,
jacques brel...the list goes on and on and on...

what have i been listening to lately? belle and sebastian, por supuesto.

OH! i don't know if the question was ever answered, but the book on the
cover of lazy line painter jane is, _reason and reality_ by john
polkinghome. it's easier to read on the 12".

ta ta!
:)
michelle

ps-oops. sent this to the wrong address originally. i wanted to add,
though, that i do love scottish accents (this is in regards to that old
thread), especially when scottish women speak. for instance, ruth from
eastenders and bess from "breaking the waves."