Sinister: Tigermilk again and again.

Matrix mlang at xxx.com
Tue Sep 30 16:17:58 BST 1997

It is now really difficult for me not to think of Belle and Sebastian as my
favorite band now that i have lived with Tigermilk for a week.  I have a
couple of comments about it... First of all, has anyone noticed that the
beginning of She's Just a Baby is right from the beginning of Yes' Yours is
no Disgrace?  Funny, eh?  The melodies on Tigermilk are really intensely
memorable and wonderful.  Does this now replace Phil Ochs' PLEASURES OF THE
HARBOR as the best out of print album? hmmmm.

I also wanted to add that if B&S do sign with Matador, that is good news
for all of us, considering how many records Matador lets Guided by Voices
put out per year.  B&S will be able to be as prolific as they want.

And on an unrelated note, very excited about the coming month of concerts I
am going to see:    Suzanne Vega, Billy Bragg, Seely, Moloko, Stereolab and
Maceo parker all in the coming month!

matrix