Sinister: revolution?

Kelso KELSO at xxx.com
Tue Sep 30 19:33:15 BST 1997

DTG EAST wrote:
>>> it's that nice Mr Crowley playing "Century of  Fakers" on
>>>XFM. It nearly made my morning. He also commented
>>>that  "Lazy Line Painter Jane" was frequently requested...
>>>I fear the  revolution is upon us

Hmmmm, maybe the revolution in the UK has begun, but
without a label here in the US we have little to fear. B&S will
stay very much underground without a label to promote them.
Commercial radio over here will never bite on this band unless
a label forces them to pay attention to the record.  I'm sort of
happy about that aspect of them not having a label here right
now.  And that is nothing against B&S' success, as it is that I
can only wish the band nothing but that....it's just that I think
I'd selfishly prefer them to stay on as a delightful little band
known by a select few who truly understand, who truly
appreciate, than see them become pop superstars known by
everyone worldwide.  Than have them be as familiar to the
masses as REM and U2.

By the way, there are lots of rumours as to who are going to
represent the band labelwise in the US now that The Enclave
is gone, but has any real deal been worked out?

--kelso
 in NYC
"Sometimes all I really want to feel is love.
        Sometimes I'm angry that I feel so angry.
                Sometimes my feelings get in the way
                         Of what I feel I really wanted to say."
                                                               --modest mouse--