Sinister: Stuart Murdoch came round the other day...

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 30 20:20:03 BST 1997

David & Katrina wrote:

> He's of the opinion that we've got a nice place
> here, and I thought we
> should maybe stop and think about that, I mean
> here we are openly loving
> this band and here he is the lead singer openly
> admiring our place in
> cyberspace.
>
> Bit weird when you think about it, or maybe
> that's just my student
> philosophical tendancies.

no, i think that's just the 'concept' that you
have some kind of idea of equality, like, you have
a mutual respect for what someone might be doing,
whatever the medium.  i think it's important to
not deal with people on this 'star' idea because
they happen to have made some great records and be
a poet or whatever.  People have different great
qualities, and just because you don't write the
songs or words that Stuart Murdoch might write
doesn't mean he's 'better' than you, just 'better'
at those things... and similarly there will be a
vice versa.  Maybe we're better dancers ;-)
Still, mutual respect... it's great.  (and
obviously i don't mean rampant back-slapping!)

So yeah, cool.  Let's keep our faith in Pop, but
let's not forget that we all of us contribute to
the world in a way that is unique and individual.

Keep the faith,

 the duke.

--
Tangents On-Line