Sinister: The Jennifers

Andrew O'Sullivan aeos at xxx.com
Tue Sep 30 21:21:14 BST 1997

> Anyone know or heard of The Jennifers ?, they're playing at my Uni
tonight
> and I'm wondering if it's worth missing the Liv/Celtic match for it????

Well of course this is going to be too late for you, Nathan, but I thought
it was worth being publically amazed on this point, for The Jennifers was
the name of a band which was around Oxford Early 90s, I suppose, and which
contained none other than Mickey Quinn and Danny Goffey, now both of
Supergrass! They did a few low-key singles and a bit of local gigging, and
appear to have been quite reputable.

It's just possible that the remaining members could have carried on quietly
all this time. But then it's more likely that it's just a new band. But I
ask you, 'The Jennifers? It's not exactly a good name, but I suppose it had
some special meaning for the band. But it's unlikely that anyone else would
a) come up with exactly the same name, and b) be allowed to get to the
point of gigging, and not run into problems.....

Makes you think. Do tell us [or just me if no-one else is interested] if
you hear anything that might clear this up, Nathan.

Andrew O'Sullivan
aeos at dial.pipex.com
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/osullivan

"You've been chosen as an extra