Sinister: stuff

jane at xxx.net jane at xxx.net
Wed Apr 1 08:18:03 BST 1998

hi pop tarts
i've got a sad story to tell.
well, actually it's a happy story with a sad ending.
here goes... (this is the happy bit)
i just got some photos developed and there's this one of me at an
in-store record signing (Gaslight records, Bourke Street, Melbourne)
with the wondrous Stereolab.
The next night i saw them play and it was a tremendously joyous
occasion.
This is all very happy (the sad bit's coming up).
Y'see living in Australia, the chance of seeing a nice band is akin to
one of those religious sitings (you know when some farmer from naples
sees the image of jesus in his pumpkin patch)  ie. it's (a) very rare
and (b) treated by devotees like a gift from god.
In any case me and my friends get extremely excited when anybody comes
to play for us.  yo la tengo were also here last month which set all our
hearts aflutter.
nevertheless, it's tres sad for us pop kids whose favourite bands can't
afford to travel all the way across the ocean to play with us.
anyway the point is i love b&s and loads of other lovely bands (too
numerous to mention) heaps and heaps and it makes me sad to hear you
talking about them with such familiarity.  (but don't stop, it brightens
my day to read b&s tales).
there's only one record shop in the whole city which even stocks b&s
records and you have to buy them on import (approx. $35 for a record,
$15 for a 7 inch).
do you all feel sorry for me yet and love me more for my isolation?
hope so.
a-oh!  (we just got teletubbies - although absolutely no one has heard
of it)
jane.

hmm - would cliff send this?  better ask my mum, she used to be in the
cliff richard fan club when she was 15.