Sinister: all i wanted was to sing the saddest song...

punch drunk paiku at xxx.com
Wed Apr 1 17:24:45 BST 1998

This thread that I'm replying may be from a long time ago, i don't know
because i havent' checked my email in a while.  Songs that reduce me to
tears: :~)  I cried for the longest time when listening to Radiohead
after i saw them in the summer, partly because of the songs and partly
because of the new crop of I love that song Karma Police" girls and boys
 (j/k, sort of)
But the songs that make me sad, but in nice way are lucky and No
surprises mostly.  Also, Jeff Buckley's So Real is just simple beauty,
as is the whole album Grace.

sarah

>does anyone else hear songs that they absolutely love and yet cannot
bea=
>to listen to because the songs make them too sad? and which songs are
>these?<
>
>oh wow, yes...all the time. especially spiritualised's 'broken heart'.
it=
>'s
>the most beautiful song i have ever heard, yet makes me want to cry
every=

>time i hear it <sigh>
>but the sad songs are always the best (eg. manics, b&s). i have so many
>home-made compilation tapes of sad songs. somehow they always seem to
mak=
>me feel a wee bit better...though listening to your favourite song when
y=
>ou
>are really, really sad can sometimes ruin it and that is a bad thing.
am =