Sinister: Breathless

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Wed Apr 1 23:35:39 BST 1998

> I don't know why, but I think it's from "Vivre Se Vie" (My Life To Live
> for the english)--another, and perhaps more brilliant?, film by God[ard]
> himself.  (Though my personal favorite is Pierrot le Fou because it has
> *both* Belmondo and Karina).

  YES!!  MY LIFE TO LIVE... So beautiful!  There is one scene which I
swear Quentin Tarantino lifted in its entirety(sp) for PULP FICTION, the
one where Uma Thurman talks about uncomfortable silences... Anyone??

  Isobel must BE Patricia, minus the gaudy American accent (this coming
from someone with a gaudy American accent, so its not an insult by any
means)-- "Noo York Haarold Trib-Youn!!"

  I think we've already talked about Truffaut and my favorite new wave
film, JULES ET JIM, but perhaps we should discuss it again.  Ah...
Pretentious films.  They make me happy.

-Kristen