Sinister: sad songs, and the Amish

sarah :o] paiku at xxx.com
Thu Apr 2 11:45:22 BST 1998

OH!  I forgot the one i set out to write about :P  Aw, i always feel
like crying when i hear Motion Picture Soundtrack by Radiohead.  It's
one of those songs where I can't be doing things when i listen to it, i
just have to stop right there...the chorus, 'I will see you, in the next
life,' ever so lovely.  I don't know how you girls and boys feel about
Radiohead, and i can't explain how i do.  But it's sort of like this; if
Belle and Sebastian became really grand and famous, you wouldn't stop
loving them ever, would you?  That's what it is :~)
  I also fins Suppertime by the Odds makes me wishy washy, it's got a
heavy, wistful mood, i quite like it when in the mood, although its the
one track on my cd that skips like the dickens :) and while i'm being
honest, a day in the Life by the Beatles. I can't help myself!  It's so
vivid, so real.  Except for the part in the middle of course :o)
woonderful.

  While i'm here, does anyone agree that the best time to listen to B&S
in on long rides in the window seat?  I don't really fly much (there is
so much room for jokes right there) but i was recently on a 12 hour
trainride, and it's so lovely to just sit and look out the window with
your earphones up high.  It was especially nice for me because there
were 4 amish people sitting behind me and the talked non stop for the
whole ride as loudly as was humanly possible.  "Look, a river...ooo ooo
GARBAGE, a pile of garbage!!!"  "Ha Ha, silly girl tell tale," you say.
But i kid you not!
thanx for listening ;)
sarah