Sinister: Fun for the Family!

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Thu Apr 2 11:37:58 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: punch drunk <paiku at xxx.com>
To: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 02 April 1998 10:25
Subject: Re: Sinister: Fun for the Family!

>   No one really knows me as i've been lurking, but i share your 15ness
>;)  I'm Sarah, and i reside in Canada, for those wondering who i am and
>what i want, there's one of your questions answered anyway (evil laugh).
>I like the part about you being nice and turning someone into a Belle
>and Sebastian fan, I'm porud of myself today as I have done that as
>well, with my friend Elspeth.  My goal is to make a new fan every day.
>So far the head count is   (ahem)  1. :D

Me and bethey are getting on quite well - bethey was in HMV (a cd shop for
those who don't know) the other day with her friend and bethey put her foot
down and said "You *will* buy If You're Feeling Sinister *now*", instead of
what she was going to buy (some 'indie-rock' nonsesne, I should expect).  We
are planning to do the same on Saturday for another one of her friends.  I
think we're collectively up to about 9 conversions, which is quite good,
given what we've got to work with.  All this being fifteen stuff is quite
exciting, but bethey's sister Eleanor has bought her own copies of Lazy Jane
and Sinister and she is 12 or 13 (I can't remember which).  However, she's
not on the list and is still partial to bit of Natalie Imbruglia etc., so
she only half-counts.

>  How many others here have scouted out potential B&S fans?  I love when
>that happens, when i find someone else who's at least open to bands like
>them, it's rare around me.  My fellow students like such tosh, they
>think I'm from another planet when i rip out my discman and headphones.
>Oh dearm its 4:26am
>sleep time,
>sarah

What people like Rod Begbie don't understand when they say
>In my considered opinion, da Spiceys ROOL!
is that people our age and below genuinely like the Spice Girls, Backstreet
Boys etc like we like B&S, whereas people like Rod only like them as a joke.
It is a joke, isn't it?  It must be.  It can't be true.

Adrian Evans mailed me privately and I now apologise profusely for saying
that those over 20 wouldn't remember pigeon street.  I'm very very sorry.

Right, I think I'll go now.

jon g.
Chairman of the Fifteen Year Olds Taking Over Sinister List Campaign
(FYOTOSLC)
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://www.btinternet.com/~jon.g/