Sinister: belle and sebastian in the news: on-topic worthless cack

Hopkins T t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 2 12:30:24 BST 1998

There it was, front page of yesterday's Guardian. I mean, I knew the band
was getting big, but I didn't think their arguments were front page material
just yet. Nevertheless, there it was...

"I'm no liar, says Campbell as Murdoch row continues"

There was obviously some standard Grauniad-style mix up, because the story
underneath was some guff about Tony Blair pressing his secretary or
somesuch. But I wonder what the real story was? Was the row started by
Staurt M? Or about him? Who had accused Isobel of lying? And why?

Has Isobel worked out a secret deal whereby she gets the lions share of the
royalties to keep her in resin (for her bow)? Did fighting break out when
the rest of the band worked out that 'Century Of Elvis' was about a cat and
not a vegetable, as everyone had been led to believe?

Katrina?

Oh, and another thing. Sarah wrote:

	>Songs that reduce me to tears: :~)

Uh-oh. We have a problem now. How can we tell if that is a sad face or the
most sarcastic face in the world? I don't know how we're going to deal with
this one at all.

I hope you consider the time you have spent reading this message to have
been fruitful. Why don't you just switch off your pooter and go out and do
something more boring instead?

tim