Sinister: Sad Songs

Tiago Andre' Figueiredo Tiago.A.Figueiredo at xxx.pt
Thu Apr 2 12:33:10 BST 1998

    Hello to the lot of you, sinister people.

    After reading so much about sad songs, I decided to compile my own
list of them. Four minutes were more than enough time to realise that
one such list would have no ending, so after taking out at least half of
the songs, this is what I came up with:

- R.E.M.: "Find The River", "You Are The Everything", "Nightswimming",

- Jay-Jay Johanson: "The Girl I Love Is Gone"

- Nick Cave: "The Ship Song", "Brompton Oratory", ...

- Lambchop: "Theone"

- Jack: "Dress You In Mourning", "Hope Is A Liar", ...
Anyone knows what happened to Jack since the remarkable "Pioneer
Soundtracks"?

- Divine Comedy: "Someone", "If...", "Lucy", ...

- Mick Harvey: "Manon"

- Tindersticks: "Let's Pretend", "The Not Knowing", "Kathleen", ...

- B&S: "Beautiful", "The Boy Done Wrong Again", "Fox In The Snow", ...
(here's your B&S content)

- Mojave 3: "You're Beautiful"

- Apartments: "Not Every Clown Can Be In The Circus", "She Sings To
Forget You", ...

- Red House Painters: "Katy Song", ...

    The order is completely irrelevant, as to how sad this or that song
is. I find it impossible to distinguish between them.
    And I know I must've forgotten some, but what the heck... screw it.

        Tiago Figueiredo

| Happy the man, and happy he alone |
| He who can call Today his own     |
| He who, secure within can say:    |