Sinister: Sleaze police

john wigham jwigham at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 2 13:14:56 BST 1998

I don't want to be bore, but can we cut out all this sleaze quiz stuff?
When I said it wasn't very B&S, I wasn't referring to the lack of B&S
content, but to the fact that it just doesn't match the mood of B&S
lyrics.

Susannah - what is it exactly do you think is filthy about being gay, or
about anal sex, or about having sexual fantasies?? It seems to me that
by making those sort of judgements, even in a joky, indulgent sort of
way, you just perpetuate the whole unhappy uptight history of sexuality
in the west so tragically started by Saint Paul (not you
honeypiesweetness, the other one).

So let's save language like sleaze for the Conservative Party and enjoy
ourselves with no hangups, eh?

Whatever gets you to the light..

--
john wigham