Sinister: Tavistock Inner Relief Road

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 2 15:39:56 BST 1998

jon G wrote :

>Adrian Evans mailed me privately and I now apologise profusely for saying
>that those over 20 wouldn't remember pigeon street.  I'm very very sorry.

Ahhhh  !!! Don't make it sound like I was horrible about it.  I am actually quite proud of the fact that I can remember Pigeon Street.

>I think I can remember that one.
>Pow Pow say the pigeons in my head
>Actually, it was more of a peeoooww peeooowww.

I think you'll find the pigeon noises were definitely of a PooPooooo nature with emphasis on the first poo.  Was in my day, but then I'm 27

this year and they've probably made it all hi-tech like since then.

>M Korchia wrote :

>ps: I won't let sadness spread its wing on me, though. So don't forget
>that both Watoo Watoo & Mumbly CD are still available at a great price
>- -& great quality-. Email me for ordering informations

Watoo Watoo.  Now then Jon, in your capacity as list expert on CTV, you will be able to confirm for me that in fact Watoo Watoo was a classic cartoon character.  I remember the name and that I loved it, but cannae remember jack-all else about it.  Anyone care to describe a classic episode to me ?

Next up sad songs.

I'm no bloody good on music so you'll have to help me out here.

First Up...Instrumental track on New Orders Low Life LP featured on Pretty in Pink I believe.  Very powerful track which brings back memories of every failed relationship ever in three and a half minutes.

Next Up...Track 9 on Depeche Modes Songs of Faith and Devotion.  A most wonderful album when Gahan was getting a bit jesusy..whoops sorry Jesusy.
Sort of goes (apologies for my terrible voice) "Oh Giiiiirrrrrrl, lead me into your darkness, for thissssa world is trying it's hardest to leave me unimpressed."
Definitely one that got played loads during the great depression of '97.

Anymore for anymore ?...How can no-one have put JD's "Atmosphere".  Wow...just hand me the indoor washing line now...

Talking of which i read in this weeks helping of bollocks in the nme