Sinister: Lighthouses

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 2 16:30:11 BST 1998

>What people like Rodd Begbie don't understand when they say

>>In my considered opinion, da Spiceys ROOL!

>is that people our age and below genuinely like the Spice Girls, Backstreet
>Boys etc like we like B&S, whereas people like Rodd only like them as a
joke.
>It is a joke, isn't it?  It must be.  It can't be true.

I dunno whether Rodd treats liking the Spice Girls as a joke, although
paying twenty quid or something like that to go and see them - you can get
more personal attention down the Fantasy bar at Tollcross for twenty quid
Rodd than having to go and stand with a load of grannies and 3 year olds at
the SECC singing that you love your mummy.

    I find it hard to believe also that the Spice Girls "rule", they're just
kind of bland really. I've always hated this post-ironic shite, cause I
don't believe it really exists - however, the likes of the backpassage boys
really take the biscuit, they're serious pish aren't they. I never thought
anyone would actually top the Lighthouse Family for pure, blind, blandness
but they have a bloody good stab at it.

    Still you've always had to deal with bland music, be it Phil Collins,
Brotherhood of Man, Colour me Badd etc. Ian Brown made a good point about
this years ago being that there's no use complaining about it, just get in
there and stamp them out... So maybe I will - look out people living in
Lighthouses, here I come baby.... comin to git ya!

Love,
    me.