Sinister: Skipton By-pass

John Jackson johnj at xxx.com
Thu Apr 2 18:42:34 BST 1998

Adrian Evans knows good songs when he hears them:

> First Up...Instrumental track on New Orders Low Life LP featured on Pretty in Pink I believe.

Yes, this is called 'Elegia' or something and is EXCELLENT and they
actually PLAYED those synths live cos one of them cocks it up at one
point during the track.

> Next Up...Track 9 on Depeche Modes Songs of Faith and Devotion.  A most wonderful album when Gahan was getting a bit jesusy..whoops sorry Jesusy.
> Sort of goes (apologies for my terrible voice) "Oh Giiiiirrrrrrl, lead me into your darkness, for thissssa world is trying it's hardest to leave me unimpressed."

Oh yes again. That would be 'Just One Caress' sung by Gore, dead good
n all that.

I thought of some more, dunno if anyone's said it but
'Tiny Tears' by Tindersticks (their finest, probably)
'China Doll' by Julian Cope. An odd choice maybe but it was a love
song for his wife. Grrrreat.
'Forgiveness Song' by the Walkabouts

That's it for now.
JJ