Sinister: afternoon shooting: ink polaroid

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Thu Apr 2 22:18:49 BST 1998

	Here is one that was taken of me sitting in the garden.  I am uncertain when
it was taken--either Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.  Each afternoon I sat in the
chair by the rock wall; the only difference would be the height of the tiger
lilies in the foreground.  The slightly pained expression on my face is
because I had had my appendix removed the Friday before this was taken.  On
Thursday I was stumbling and shambling through my life as usual until I felt a
prick pricka in my side; the next day I was in the hospital.  My eyes are
closed as my head rests against the back of the chair; I wanted the sunshine
to fall on me to warm me.  Instead the sun forced my freckles out of their
winter-hiding.  Ah, that is a large book in my lap--it is about the rise and
fall of modern art.  With the dizzying combination of sunshine and
painkillers, the ideas and words of that book bounced from my head onto the
ground (but I do not think that they are in the photo).  Instead of reading I
had taken wagers with myself as to which daffodil would bloom first, or which
ant would cross that leaf there, or which cloud would block off the sun's
rays.  I won the bet each time.

		Living and loving,
				Matthew