Sinister: Subtitles and Surprises

Francisco Alberto Wong faw1 at xxx.edu
Thu Apr 2 22:39:27 BST 1998

Hear hear.  I'm with Tag and Nicole on this whole here Wong Kar Wai bit.
If you haven't already seen Fallen Angels, go see it now!  It's sort of
the unofficial "sequel" to Chungking Express (that Faye Wong...  gulp!),
kinda--even if it does have a Cranberries song...

But also rent his "Days of Being Wild"; I guarantee the most amazing
opening scene since Touch of Evil, more because of the awesome dialogue
exchange--very Belle and Sebastian I must say.

I think a connection tween Wong Kar Wai and our beloved pop group is the
manner in which the mundane is suffused with overwhelming
feelings of nostalgia.  Ha!

So says the magniloquently verbose s.a.t.-swearing film critic...

'sank yew!

francisco