Sinister: the saddest song

remaniac eyh96 at xxx.edu
Fri Apr 3 03:31:28 BST 1998

regarding Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You" jane wrote:

> you're just so right!  i can't listen to that song without crying - not
> only because it's so lovely but because i fell in love to that song.  i
> know that's incredibly corny.
> but he was my first real love.  the first night i stayed over his house,
> he put that song on first thing in the morning.  and it was a glorious
> morning.  sunny and warm.  then he made me muffins and tea.

> up that time for me.  needless to say, we were together for two years
> then had a very sad break up.  so fade into you just tears me apart.

this passage practically could have been written by me...though
unfortunately I missed out on the muffins and tea bit <sigh>

More sad songs before this topic is completely exhausted:
tom waits-november (the sentiment of my life here in new england)
tori amos-hey jupiter
the cure-apart
rem-camera
morrissey-late night, maudlin street
and -i'm confessing my love of cyndi lauper here- true colors isn't
necessarily sad, but it makes me teary

--em