Sinister: "Damn you, Flash Gordon!"

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 3 09:36:46 BST 1998

>so i'm walking along Prince's Street one morning (this was ages ago, by the
>way), and i go into BHS (don't ask why). i go downstairs into the lighting
>department and you know how in shops like that you'd expect to hear cacky
>elevator muzak? Well, guess what was playing? Belle and Sebastian!!!!!!!
>Omigod! People must've thought i was daft cus i just stood there listening
>for the duration of the song. Mad. I also heard the god-like genius of the
>manics being played in there. would have thought that would've been too
>intensely intense for your average weekday shopper, but i guess i was
>wrong...ah well, stranger things have happened.

Oh that'll be Lisa Rogan then, I've got friends who work in the lighting
department of BHS and indeed who like Belle and Sebastian.

Some other places you might hear them...

Blasting at 150dB over the P.A. at Ivory and Syme on Charlotte Square,
12 miles away in a concrete bunker from Andrew Nicol's graphics HTML
thingymajig company. (Andy = the Big man).

cheers,
    Keith.