Sinister: Sleep the clock around

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 3 09:48:34 BST 1998

>and,
>jong wrote:
>>Sleep The Clock Around is just the best song in the world....ever.....16.
>>I adore it.
>>Does anyone else just marvel at that piano solo?  It's amazing
>this is a song to marvel at! it always puts me in a good mood.. anyone have
>the lyrics to it?

Not often prone to writing things about Belle and Sebastian here but yes
"Sleep the Clock Around" (or "Slap my cock around" which I'm prone to
calling it) is one of my favourite songs.I only hope the final recorded
version comes out as brilliant as the session, as I don't believe I can say
that for Dylan in the Movies.
    I think probably what it misses the most however is some extended guitar
workout at the end, a bit of tapping, artificial harmonics and perhaps some
whammy bar work too.

Cheers,
    Keith.