Sinister: A few torts and tings

afoley at xxx.com afoley at xxx.com
Fri Apr 3 11:33:11 BST 1998

Here's a few tings in answer to recent treads:

<Pigeon Street>
I must be far too old to remember this, as it doesn't ring any bells at
all, however I should
be far too old to remember another programme, but I do, and that one is
Trapdoor.  Yes!!

<songs (sad/moving/whatever..>
There's been some classics mentioned so far:
from Adrian Evans:
Joy Division - Atmosphere
New Order - Elegia
from Tiago Andre' Figueiredo:
Nick Cave - The Ship Song
These are all fuc... (oops, I almost swore then, must remember there are
youngsters about!)
excellent tunes and very moving.
I'd like to add to that by suggesting a few more:
John Martyn - Couldn't Love You More
Nick Drake - Way to Blue
U2 - Drowning Man and Tomorrow
Radiohead - Lurgee and Exit Music
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
The Smiths - Reel Around The Fountain
Captain Beefheart - Bluejeans and Moonbeams and Further Than We've Gone

<films>
Nothing pretentious about foreign films, especially where Truffaut is
concerned, so it's a thumbs
up for Jules et Jim.  Thanks for re-awakening my interest whoever you are!
Also recommended are My Life As A Dog, which is an absolute classic - I
love that film!
The Slingshot, and of course Cinema Paradiso, there's more, but my memory's
not there!

Also, I noticed that someone else was at the good ol' Bully for Animal
House the other week!!
Quality gig or what?  I must admit, my memory's not quite as good as I
thought, can't remember
as much detail as "Harry Lime" though. All I know is that I really enjoyed
the gig, although i felt
sorry for the support, Shuffle who didn't get quite the reaction they
deserved.  One thing that I
thought was well funny was as Shuffle took the stage, I heard a girl say to
her friends "So which
one was in Ride then?"  - Laugh, I nearly cried my eyes out, it was so
funny!!

And another thing to our young friends John and Bethey - You make me feel
so old!!!!  But I'd
like to think if I was 15 today then I'd still be here as I am now, if that
makes any sense!
There was none of this email malarkey in my day you know!

Well, that's enough guff from me, so goodnight and god bless.

Ady