Sinister: Here.We.Go

uclykan at xxx.uk uclykan at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 3 14:51:51 BST 1998

At 14:04 03/04/98 +0100, Chris wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, PJMiller wrote:
>
>> What's more, I think there is quite a lot of nudge nudge double entendre
>> in B&S lyrics, what with rude vicars and references to "where to put
>> it", not to mention seven to eight year olds
>
>I may not know much, but I do know that the line "seven to eight years
>old" isn't double entendre. I actually feel slightly offended by the
>suggestion, since the song is a lot more serious than that.

Yes, B&S are a serious band and we don't accept any dubious
misunderstandings or silly jokes on their sacred songs. Actually, I'm bored
when I hear how marvellous this bit is and how someone swoons at that bit.
The tracks are there to take in and be taken over. I'd rather read a
put-a-smile-on-my-face message than reverent mumblings. Having said that,
blah blah blah.
A B&S round bus appears at every gig I go to (Pram-Novak,
Prolapse-Delgados, Ganger-Arab Strap), will I see one today, at Tortoise?
Does that show that we are increasing and multiplying? And are we the
rulers and the compasses? Indeed.
It's officially summer.

							         Kelly