Sinister: Funky Chicken

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Apr 3 18:21:49 BST 1998

Keith wrote:

>Surely you can do better than being offended by what is plainly a joke.
It's
>going to get pretty hard writing anything on this list soon if people
decide
>to take offence at things like this.

Yes, it'll certainly be difficult for me. For the record, I meant no harm to
seven to eight year olds, neither do I harbour a secret wish to cast
aspertions on Stuart Murdoch's lyrics. I was trying to make the point that
not everyone sees the same things in the songs, so it's a bit difficult to
tailor our postings to the spirit of B&S, whatever that is. Personally I
send all my sensitive responses to sunsets and the onset of springtime to
the Psychic TV / Throbbing Gristle list instead. I feel they contrast nicely
with the endless rantings about pierced knobs. For future reference, nothing
I send to the list is intended to wound or distress. I do all my ranting and
abusing off the list. Don't I? But I freely admit to being a bit mischievous
at times.

Back to business: the best happy songs in the world are "Feeling Hot Hot
Hot" by Arrow and "Funky Chicken" by Rufus Thomas. I don't share Rod's love
of the Spice Girls, but I can dig what he's trying to say. One of my
favourite songs at the moment is by a splendid little chap called Aaron
Carter, who claims to be having a "crazy little party". He IS about seven to
eight years old.

Today I attempted to have a B&S experience by paying a visit to a
photography exhibition. It was dead good, there was loads of pictures of big
hairy bums and a really good one of a cuddly toy factory, which I would like
for my living room wall. Lots of other stuff too. I'm glad I'm not a
photographer, otherwise I'd be really depressed. Mind you, I did get to use
the word "archbishopric" which was nice, and very Belle and Sebastian if you
ask me.

Peter