Sinister: Sad sad songs

Rapha�le Chappe rchappe at xxx.fr
Fri Apr 3 21:09:47 BST 1998

Hello friends,
This is my first post to the list and I thought I would thank all you
beautiful people for your nice attitude to music and life in general.
All your mails have proven to be an interesting read.
My personal list of sad songs:
- Hallelujah  Jeff Buckley
- any song by Portishead
- acoustic version of 'While my guitar gently weeps' George Harrison
- Street Spirit/No Surprises/Exit music Radiohead
- Things Behind the Sun  Nick Drake
- So Cold in Ireland  Cranberries
- October  U2
- Meat is Murder  The Smiths
- Caroline No   Beach Boys
- Faith to clay  Eric Matthews
- I Know/Eyesight to the blind   Placebo
- No one speaks  Geneva
- Across the universe  Beatles
- The Dancer  PJ Harvey
- Soothe  Smashing Pumpkins
- Dust in the wind  Kansas
- Stay on these roads  A-HA
- Babe I'm gonna leave you  Led Zep
- Dear Friend  Paul McCartney
- Trouble me  10 000 Maniacs
- Your body lies  Marion
- You're a big girl now  Bob Dylan
- Still Life  Suede
- At Seventeen  Janis Ian
- Leave REM

And I agree with the person who said that Black eyed dog by Nick Drake
is a scary song. Indeed I can't think of anything filled with as much
anguish and distress. I can feel the agony of death when I listen to it.
Bye Now
Raphaele.