Sinister: Kiddies Progs... Films...

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sat Apr 4 09:37:58 BST 1998

Dr E.J. Edwards wrote:

>     And don't forget that these were the days when Grange Hill was
> brilliant

not going to be retro... NOT going to be retro.... but, um, yeah, i
remember those days :-)  Grange Hill really lost it's appeal for me when
i went back into schools.  As a pupil and then dole boy, well, i could
dig it and i could ignore the fact that, hell, you know that school's
not really like that, i mean, not really... But as soon as i started
teaching it was like, oh fuck off, no WAY would a treacher be doing
that/saying that, and um, it was annoying i guess.  But i get annoyed
real easy as you all know.

> and for those really young at
> heart is it the round window, the square window....?

or the arched window.

> but what about Mediteraneo, the Hairdressers
> Husband (that'll make even non-soppy men get moist eyes),

both great films, agreed.  Wow, the Duke agrees with someone.

> Betty Blue
> (ignore the student hype, its a wonderful film) ...

it is.  yes.  the yellow car and the blue sky.  when the polaroid gets
pulled out at the end and you suddenly realise how all the colours in
the film have changed since the start.  startling.

makes me want to go the movies again... well it's the easter hols now so
i WILL go to the movies :-)

keep the faith,

the duke

--