Sinister: now I'm getting all weepy

Courtney Knopf vegasbaby at xxx.com
Sun Apr 5 13:31:10 BST 1998

I like the idea of a colouring contest. I was always really good at
staying in the lines. Actually I won a colouring contest when i was in
4th grade. I believe the prize was a gift certificate of some sort.

Gee..and since I know you cared SO much about that.

i just must chip in my thoughts about sad songs (though I know that
particular topic is just about dead..i'm a bit late to the party, so
please excuse me).
So here are some songs that make me cry:

The two songs that made me cry most recently (yesterday, in fact):
Ani DiFranco - Dilate, Untouchable Face
Indigo Swing - She Dreams of Me

the ones that make me cry whenever:
The Beatles - In My Life, Golden Slumbers
Tony Bennett - The Way You Look Tonight
Cake - Stickshifts and Safety Belts
Harry Connick Jr. - Where or When
Billie Holiday - You Better Go Now
Morphine - In Spite of Me, Cure for Pain
Ben Folds Five - Selfless, Cold and Composed, Smoke, Evaporated
Simon and Garfunkel - America
R.E.M. - Nightswimming
Jeremy Enigk - Explain
Crowded House - Together Alone
B&S - Fox In the Snow
Leonard Cohen - Suzanne, So Long Marianne
Jeff Buckley - Halleluja
Sarah Mclachlan - Good Enough, Hold On, Mary
Sting - My One and Only Love, Someone to Watch Over Me

So i suppose that's enough of that weepy stuff.

Now for songs that make me bounce around the room with unabashed
excitement and happiness:-O!!!!

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul
Ben Folds Five - Kate, Philosophy, She Don't Use Jelly
Moxy Fruvous - My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors
Weezer - Susanne, The Good Life
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - I'm Putting All My Eggs in One
Basket
Louis Prima - Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody
Sarah Vaughan - One Mint Julep
B&S - Seeing Other People, The State I Am In
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Anything But Love, Pallin' With Al
Legendary Jim Ruiz Group - Glad They're Gone, Urban Gentleman
Trip Shakespeare - Down My Block
Zumpano - I Dig You
Cake - Daria
Pink Martini - Brazil

Alrighty then...

Since we were talking about the pretentious arthouse cinema (wink wink,
nudge nudge) anyway..I can't believe that no one has mentioned Contempt!
Which I thought was brilliant. And that's IN SPITE OF the fact that I
have to write a paper on it.
Well, maybe it HAS been mentioned, I just haven't been reading the
digests very carefully. bad courtney! bad!

I finally visited Rod's page. I was endlessly amused and I cannot wait
for his review of the Spice Girls concert. baited breath, I tell you;)

Well i think I've been on this list for about a month now and I finally
feel like I'm starting to know who some of you are. I wish I was as
enlightenend and cute as jon g. and bethey when i was 15. but that was
during the heyday of grunge..and I was clad in flannel and doc martens.
Now I am clad in velvet and high heels. my how things change, eh?

My dear Lord, i just realized how LONG this post is.. I feel so
excessive. Whatever.

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"I didn't get a cat."