Sinister: walruses? walri? a b&s dream at last

Runegg Runegg at xxx.com
Mon Apr 6 02:37:30 BST 1998

hi hi,

At last a B&S dream!  Last weekend I went to the Coney Island aquarium, last
stop on the subway, and among other beautiful creatures (such as penguins--so
graceful! uh.... so majestic!), there was a walrus which stuck its head out of
the water, looked me in the eye, and whistled a long low note.  I started
cheering and she kept going, her big bulldog face concentrated on holding the
note.  This was not the dream, this actually happened, but then it was all
recycled--i dreamt i'd gone to glasgow with my scottish friend to make a
movie, and the whole time i had this desperate feeling that i had to go to a
b&s concert before i missed it, and then i was told they weren't in town, and
i thought the world would end, so my friend gave me an extra copy of
"3...6...9 seconds" and there was a girl inside wandering across the lyric
sheet----somewhere on all that white space between the words---,i went in----i
don't remember her name or what she looked like, all i remember is that the
whole scottish countryside disappeared and became white, we were somewhere on
the words, kisses so deep they made me want to cry------then as i started to
wake up and i remembered i was in new york, i thought it was snowing outside
my window, piles and piles of snow on the restaurant garden outside my window,
and on the trash heap next to that, and snow all over the fire escapes of new
york, and snow on the walrus tank at coney island------------and then i
realized that i was still dreaming, and i woke up and looked out the window
for real and it wasn't snowing at all.  i was disappointed, but it was okay,
because i've been walking around all day in a sweet fog.

Meanwhile, i ran into a lass i went iceskating with back in october, she'd
dissed me big time before we got to know each other at all; i was somewhat
hurt, and now months later i run into her and she tells me the reason she ran
away from me is because she liked me too much.  ?!?!?!?!?!?!/%*%*?!!!  am i
supposed to believe this shit?  (can we take a vote on this?)  as a way of
proving she wasn't lying, and to show how much her head is scxrewed on
backwards, she told me she slept with her stalker.  that's right, folks: a guy
had been following her for weeks, obsessive and horrible... and she ends up
sleeping with him.  "i could sleep with him because i hated him," she told me.
"you scare me because i like you."  i guess it's a good thing i never did more
than kiss her..... why are people so fucked up?  o god, get me back to that
lyric-sheet dream.....

snowy walruses (walri?)
ari