Sinister: Dreadlock Holiday

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 6 09:30:39 BST 1998

> Tag (Hi Tag!) has instigated a constant stream of movie related postings
and I'm
>shocked and surprised that no-one has mentioned "Gregory's Girl,"

Indeed Gregory's girl is one of the best films ever made, (although this
"it's a sort of B+S film" I'm less convinced with). It's one of the funniest
things ever and I believe that it's not altogether very well known in the
US. I think it would be worth searching out though cause it's completely
great. It's just about Gregory's life in a small Scottish newtown (where I
also grew up at that time - unfortunately my life wasn't quite as amusing as
Gregory's, and nor, come to think of it did I get to cop off with Clare
Grogan), and his loves, i.e. football and women. It's worth watching a few
times, one of these films like Withnail and I where everything that's great
about it isn't apparent immediately.

Cheers,
    Keith.