Sinister: re. Kiddies Progs... Films...

afoley at xxx.com afoley at xxx.com
Mon Apr 6 11:58:51 BST 1998

The good Dr E.J. Edwards wrote:

>Why has no-one mentioned PlayAway?? With the God like stature of
>Brian Cant (now to be heard over dubbing a cartoon for Lee & Herring).
Absolutely, PlayAway used to have stories on aswell, and I remember being
really scared once - don't know why though, it's such a long time ago,
it's all so vague now...

>And don't forget that these were the days when Grange Hill was brilliant
>and even Blue Peter was quite good...  and for those really young at
>heart is it the round window, the square window....?
Grange Hill, yes was great TV, leading the kids astray - I remember when
Doyle
stuck his two fingers up at Tucker (Mark Fowler in Eastenders) and this was
kids TV!!  Shocking stuff!  Actually, I caught the new Grange Hill
recently,
and it still seems pretty good, but then again I'm a very sad person...

Fingerbobs, Play School and others have been mentioned, but what about
Pipkins,
Hickory House (with the mop, I think) and of course the ultimate kiddies TV
show
of all time........Michael Bentines Potty Time.  Now that was great TV!!

There were loads more too, but it was a LONG LONG time ago...

Here's an e-nstamatic taken during my recent trip to Edinburgh..

Here I am stood outside The Malt Shovel on Cockburn Street, you can see
from the pained expression on my face that I am studying something very
closely, and yes, that is a map I am holding in my hands, hence the pained
expression.(It's on eof those free impossible to read ones)  Well I do need
a map, as it's my first time in Edinburgh.  If you look to the right you
can see my friend Ali, who has just stomped off up the hill in a huff after
accusing me of being a tourist because I'm studying the map and looking
like I'm lost!. I am bloody lost! I think she was a bit embarrassed, even
though she herself is a "tourist" too. Also, if you look to the left and
inside the window of the pub, you can see a chap knocking on the window
trying to get my attention.  I noticed him after the picture was taken, and
he was taking the piss, you can see that from the big smile on his face.
He could see I was "new" to Edinburgh and was basically waving his hands
about and pointing in the other direction saying "That way, it's that way".
Pretty funny really.

This really happened, honestly!
Anyway, I'm out of here now.
Cheers
Ady

    This message was brought to you by the Sinister mailing list.
. For questions about how the list works mail owner-sinister at majordomo.net
-