Sinister: oh dear, just some stuff..

vlass at xxx.com vlass at xxx.com
Thu Apr 9 01:05:10 BST 1998

hello darlings,

jillian wrote about square1 tv. then sarah did:
>   Oh, don't go getting me started!  I LOVED that show, we always used
>to watch it on sundays when i was at my grandparents' house.  And it
>didn't help that my mum is calculus teacher.  That's the only skit i
>remember really well from that show though, it was so lame!  All i
>remember other than that was numbers flying all ober the screen.  Scary.
>And that computer guy, i think MAx was his name, from the TV set.  Even
>scarier.  I was trying to think of this one show i watched when i was a
>wee tot, it was called the Wuzzles or something, only it wasn't.  It was
>this show with funny looking puppets who lives in a cave.  What a
>wonderful description by me.  Does anyone have the foggiest idea what
>I'm talking about?

oh oh oh! i'm so excited reading all of this... FRAGGLE ROCK! i think that's
what she's alluding too.. they lived in that cave and ate glass, i think.
their main enemy was the shaggy dog that was always sticking his paw in the
hole. and SQUARE ONE TV! yeah, i was obsessed with that show... you know how
they would take songs and make them into math related songs? well, i used to
drag a tape recorder in front of the tv and tape them.. i have the cassette
somewhere.. i think i'll find it and listen to it.so.. sigh, great show
(pssst.. my uncle produced "thundercats" and those delightful christmas
specials with the wooden characters, ie. rudolph the red nosed reindeer, and
frosty the snowman that are shown every year)

wee-chi-chi wrote:
>A sad song, since you lot mentioned eric's trip:
>allergic to love
i think this song is more sweet than it is sad: "i'm alone when i'm not
following you in the mall, watching the way you stall.. watching anything at
all.." sigh.

>>Fabulous Genevieve wrote:
>>I  am still waiting for that lovly scenario "ladies and gentlemen we have a
>>new boy in our class today,all the way from England!" "oh is this seat
>>taken" "not if YOU'RE gonna sit there..rrrroww!" "oh my you like Belle and
>>Sebastian" eyes lock in passionate stare "like? I lovvvve honey,i lovvvve"
and then elisa wrote,
> I had this happen twice in high school,
>once with a darling Australian, and the 2nd time with a French boy who gave
>me nasty looks as he smoked Gitanes in the basement hallways.

these days i have been scrawling "belle&sebastian are god" on my desks in
class in the hopes that someone in another class will see it, understand and
search me out. however, so far this has proven to be in vain.. i don't know
one person in my school who likes them, unless ive introduced them to b&s
myself. well, boo for them cos it's my last year there anyway!

ooooh, can't wait for the toronto picnic! (anyone have a date yet?)

rainingly yours,
teri xoxo