Sinister: B&S' Instruments

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Thu Apr 9 15:57:06 BST 1998

"All right" to the boys
"Hiya" to the girls
Jon G and Bethey get a patronising ruffle of the hair.  Would you like
to see some puppies?

mick mc mick said
>>Maybe a steel drum solo
      >or something.

Indeed.  Timpani solos in pop songs are top and nice one, as I found out
the other day when I listened to a record which contained a timpani solo
in a pop song.  "That's strikingly original and effective" i said out
loud, to my Venus Fly Trap which I have named "Worms Hero".

And Kazoos are in.  Like in crosstown traffic and the ultimate in kazoo
soloing "Ducks on a pond" by the incredible string band.

Oh the string band, I love them so.  Robin Williamson from the string
band has mastered over 37 instruments including the wine glass, don't
you know.  And the clarsach, the loveliest thing in the whole wide world
except maybe Mary Poppins, didn't I tell you.  Cor Blimey Mary
Poppinnnnns. And theramins are ace.  B&S should invest.  That almost
rhymes.  And bits of wood like the Tom Waits band play.   Woodies.

And who was it eh 13th Floor Elevators who played the electric jug?
That's a great noise, pretty juggy as you might expect.  Gettin juggy
wit it big willy style.

Talking of which, I can't stop thinking about that George Michael
headline in the sun - "zip me up before you go go".  It's starting to
really irritate me now.  It's good to know that George is no different
from the rest of us.  Oops.  Sorry, it just slipped out.

hmm.  Ok Dokey Scots Picnic people, what if a hard rain falls - can we
go to the pub then?

Fond Regards.
Leonard DiButterboy