Sinister: melody maker and lost fanzines

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Thu Apr 9 20:14:00 BST 1998

all this talk of music papers... made me think again of a long lost,
shall i call him friend, i think i shall, although he was more the
duchesses friend, at least he lived across the road, um, shall i get to
the point? yes.  jamie t conway, he wrote for the Melody Maker for a
while, he wrote about B&S simply ages ago, told us all they were the
prettiest poets in the land or something. And we agreed.  Anyway, here's
my point, and i know it's a long shot, but does anyone here maybe know
where Jamie is now? i wrote him a while back at his parents old house
and the maker and got no response, and i'd really like to get in touch
with him, not least because he has a big pile of my old
fanzines/magazines and a Fatima Mansions mini-LP and a GREAT live
Go-Betweens tape.  Sigh. I know it's a strange request but then i've met
so many old friends through mailing lists (as well as making new ones!)
i thought i'd give it a go.

keep the faith kids.

the duke

--