Sinister: Belle and Sebastianopoly

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Sat Apr 11 21:29:51 BST 1998

Call it divine inspiration, call it the result of enjoying the post-
appendectomy painkillers too much, call it the bouncing of my feeble brain
against the inside of the skull as I faked a limp. . .

	Since we still have a few months before the new lp is to be released I
thought that there must be a way for us Sinisterines to entertain ourselves.
Imagine a Belle and Sebastian board game--B&Sopoly, if you will.

For one to eight players.  Recomended for people 16 and up, preferably with
the life outlook of an 8 year old, the mind of a 15 year old, and the
weariness and sorrow of the human race.

For your game piece choose either a fox, a camera, a bus, a dog-on-wheels, a
piece of cake, an Elvis (whatever that is), a line, or a horse.

Instead of pieces of real estate to buy as in Monopoly, this board has places
that figure in the band's history and songs.  Featured sites are the
churchhouse, Kelingrove Park, the coffeehouse the members met, Union Chapel,
Gloucester Road, Manchester Town Hall, Liverpool, West 54th. Street studio,
etc.

No "Go Directly to Jail" cards in this game; it would be replaced with "Chat
With Fans on IRC", or "Sit Down For Proper Interview".  (However, if you the
player decide not to show up to either, no one can make you.)

There would be other cards to be drawn in the course of the game.  Examples:
"Return to Manchester because Isobel left her rockstop", or "Lose turn while
searching for Lawrence from Felt in London".

No money, play or real, would exchange hands during the coure of the
game--that would just be vulgar to sensitive sensibilities.  Unless of course,
you draw a card that offers you the chance to buy a copy of _Tigermilk_.  Then
it is a free for all.

The objective of the game?  There is none.  Move your piece around the board
for a few hours until you lose interest to do something more worthwhile, like
taking a nap, or writing a story or song.

	Who else would like to play?
			Living and loving
				Mr.	Matthew Manners