Sinister: Living the songs

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Sat Apr 11 21:30:15 BST 1998

	To continue in the tradition of living the Belle and Sebastian songs, I faked
a limp for the week, as per "PocketBook Angel".  After a week of recovery from
the dear parting of my appendix, I had to return to my temp office job on
Monday.  Although most of the employees and I usually ignore each other, that
day everyone wanted to talk to me about the surgery.  However, on Tuesday I
had lost the post-op appeal.  In an attempt to become popular again I faked a
slight limp; well, I _did_ still have a pain in my side from an incision.
However, I forgot which leg to put my weight on and started to put it on both.
The result was a walk that resembled a drunken stumble.  This did not win me
any more sought-after sympathy.  Now my co-workers and I have fallen back into
the much more comfortable socializing of murmuring hello as we pass in the
halls.  One of my cats has a limp; I am studying her movements now.  So,
instead of a drunken stupor-walk, I will be successfully limping soon. . . on
all fours though.

	Often I am jealous of the cats when they lay in a pool of sunshine that
steals in through the windows.

		Living and loving
				Matthew