Sinister: B&S on the telly last week

David & Katrina d.kitchen at xxx.net
Sun Apr 12 12:36:35 BST 1998

Jim Nisbet wrote:

> Did anyone else see the compilation of bands from 'Don't Look Down' on
> Scottish Television last Thursday night/Friday morning?  It was on quite
> late, so maybe not.  I was pleasantly surprised to see B&S appear with I
> Could Be Dreaming.  Whilst most bands which were featured had been doing
> live performances in the studio, their contribution had been filmed
> elsewhere (and I'm not sure whether it was live or from the album -
> anybody know about this?).  The presenter also mentioned that Tigermilk
> was changing hands for £200!
>
> Oh, and wasn't it a travesty that the recent BBC Scotland review of the
> last 25 years of Scottish rock and pop ignored B&S as one of the new
> bands to look out for.  They managed to mention Travis and the
> Supernaturals and that was it.
>
> Jim

i think don't look down was recorded ages ago, before even the dog on
wheels video.
apart from performing i could be dreaming and chris geddes doing his
bobby gillespie dance, they also recorded a little piece with each of
the band members, a little biographical piece in the vein of 'why don't
you?' (an early morn old uk telly program, but lets not savage the list
with more telly reminiscence, you'd think it was all we ever did!).
	chris's piece was recorded in a football ground
	isobel's in a park, walking her dog
	stuart murdoch's in a bus station
	sarah martin put up in shelves in her new flat
i'm sure the others were there too, but i forget what they did, mick
cooke wasn't yet in b&s officially, and i don't think he got a bit in
the filming. but he did get mentioned on an album sleeve as the
filthiest mouthed of all of b&s.

david kitchen

--

                  belle and sebastian fan club

       mail-outs, IRC chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction, vote,
          records, artwork, news, merchandise, picnics

              http://www.totalweb.co.uk/bluesoda/
   mailto:d.kitchen at virgin.net or mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk