Sinister: c'mon and show me what you're made of...

blink at xxx.net blink at xxx.net
Sun Apr 12 15:39:35 BST 1998

Hello dearies!

>Genevieve - please don't get a tattoo at least not of anybody's name.
>The coolest tattoo I've ever heard of was a 'friend of a friend' who had
>a tattoo on his toe. It said "toe". How cool is that?? Perhaps you could
>get 'bum' tattooed on your bum - that'd be great.

Oh I wouldn't get anybodies name....I don't want anything flashy cause later
i'll be like 'why the hell did i get this!' A tattoo on your butt is a good
idea cause it's least painful...

I was very upset..I was going to my friends house and the Stuart David
lookalike was supposed to be over...but he couldn't go.I was going to get
him to listen to Belle and Sebastian.Now that's what i call a real
conversion,something I would be quite happy about...well actually,I think I
made a conversion (althought..perhaps there is a better word than
convert...I would prefer if they really discover it on their own terms...but
with a little push like 'hey borrow this album' the rest is up to them)
without realising it...I was playing a song by the go-betweens which I
personally think is fantastic when suddenly Arctic Woman (mother) stops the
car and goes 'this is awful! The singing,the music..ahhh the LYRICS! Awful
awful!' a little bit upset I put on B & S and it was right at the beginning
of Photo Jenny 'I'm in a mess I'm in a dress' Arctic Woman sighed happily
'Thankyou,some lyrics I relate with' and started singing along..this..ummm..
surprised me (Later that night I had this dream where I went into a record
store..and this guy that really annoys me who works there was suddenly
wearing eyeliner and ruffles like a new romantic and then AHHH..who's
working there but Arctic Woman...and i'm like 'Mom! I can't believe you're
working with HIM..why are you working HERE!' and he just laughs smugly and
my mother turns and is like 'oh you wanted the babybird album did you?' and
I ran out of the store.

Oh..I had a very Belle And Sebastian moment yesterday,I walked to a part of
the city which is very close..but I jsut never went there before,and I
stretched out on the lovely green grass,i was a bit disturbed because from
the bushes to the left of me was a lot of screaming ("you fuck off!" "no YOU
fuck off you bitch!") when to the right of me a Sebastian boy was reading a
book under the tree.It would've made such a lovely photograph..you know I
wished I could've taken his picture but then I was afriad that I might steal
the moment away from him... :)
 AND I met a street poet from England..from Nottingham...my friend was a
little skeptical cause I think she thought he was crazy but he took my hand
and told me one of the most lovely poems...'true love' I remember that but
not much else and then he spent the next 10 minutes warning me about
men..but he was still very nice,I would've liked to stayed and talked with
him the whole afternoon....perhaps i should become a street poet and recite
Belle and Sebastian to cute record store boys...*sigh*
 All the people who recommend Yo La Tengo..all your lovely
recommendations,were not there...well one was,but I didn't have enough money
for it so I got 'Ride The Tiger' instead..I'm going to listen to it later
because right now the house is filled with lovely Easter music....
It's such a beautiful Easter morning! I went outside on the deck and stood
up on the railing,eating my little mini chocolate eggs and breathed in the
beautiful surroundings..i mean the lake is SPARKLING today..the sky is
bright blue..and you can hear all the creatures of the lake..you can't see
the woodpeckers but you can hear them... :)
Well I really do not have much to say,I hope you all have so beautiful
Easter weekends!!
 Love,
     Genevieve :)

'cause nobody loves me