Sinister: the spirit is willing

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Sun Apr 12 20:17:41 BST 1998

	I went to an Easter church service with my parents this morning.  As I sat in
the sanctuary, watching the sunlight move across the empty pews, noticing the
wax dripping from the candles on the altar, the voice reading a prayer caught
my ears.  She read that "we are living in, and loving, the faith".  Now as you
may have noticed, I have been using a similar signoff in my emails for the
past few months.  Apparently some twelfth-century monk or whatever living on a
mountain has "borrowed" this.  I daresay--this is even more scandalous than
when someone attempted a coup to become the new Trousers.  I think I may have
to go to church every week to notice if any other monks or disciples are using
my signatures.  I heard a rumor that there is someone named Matthew in the
Bible too--this is becoming serious.  Then, when Belle and Sebastian tour, I
will take Stuart M. out for tea to discuss Calvin's principles of
predestination with the modern notion of free will, or something like that.  I
know I often think of those things.

			Living and loving, because I can't do it any other way,
						Matthew