Sinister: Girlfriend in a coma

Ruth McCurry 100670.3522 at xxx.com
Wed Apr 15 15:31:24 BST 1998

Just in case any of you Londoners didn't know, Douglas Coupland is doing a
reading/signing thing at Books Etc on Charing Cross Road on Monday evening
next week at 6.30pm. There are no seats left, but apparently we can stand
at the back.

If any of you need more persuading to read this book (did you see Tom
Paulin on Late Review?), it really is one of the most inspiring books I
have ever read. It is Atlas Shrugged for cool kids.

It also contains (aside from the twenty or so Smiths references) the very
first Belle and Sebastian reference in a work of literature. Towards the
end, Jared the ghost tells of how he used to jog around the streets in his
terry underwear. Or is this just a coincidence?

Anyway, when you have finished reading it, you will believe again that the
world can be a better place. Which is always nice to know.

Lots of love

DAVID-not-ruth