Sinister: ink postcard

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Fri Apr 17 09:16:38 BST 1998

hey folks, the duchess and i are on our hols, hiding away from the world
down in the depths of Cornwall, so we thought since Tag hasn't sent a
postcard, we would...

The momunment you can see on the headland just beyond the white and
yellow house is the MArconi monument, and it's near where the first
wireless transmissions were made from. It feels kind of strange to be
sitting in a hotel room writing and sending email and to be able to see
a monument to communications technology. I'm looking out on the sea and
thinking about a Revolving Paint Dream song, whilst two old ladies, one
in a red hat and one in blue, walk their labradors along the cliff path.
Clouds are moving across from the east. The duchess has just given me a
birthday card, and it has two golden hearts on the front. It's now
sitting next to a pile of postcards from the Tate at St Ives, which we
visited yesterday. The top card is Paul Feiler's Inclined Oval Brown,
and that's the one i'm sending you...

keep the faith,

the duke and duchess of harringay.