Sinister: Mary Anne Hobbs, now little more than a bag of lymph, is rolled from , her studio and drained into a sink...

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Fri Apr 17 14:49:57 BST 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 jane at cola.net wrote:

> who the hell is daniel o'donnell?

I ventured over to Yahoo, did a search, and uncovered:
http://www.infowing.ie/donegal/daniel/Daniel.htm

It is the funniest site I have seen since http://www.nickross.co.uk !  It
is just *unreal*.  I thought it was a piss-take at first, after the
message on the opening page ("I'm delighted to welcome you to the official
Daniel O'Donnell web site. I felt that when Buckingham Palace got their
own Internet presence, then I needed to have one as well.") but it appears
to be entirely genuine.

Laugh?  I nearly wet 'em.

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Alan Prior wrote:
> "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" - Batman

Another classic movie quote from Mr/Mrs/Ms (delete as appropriate) Prior.
Pass me the Bat-Shark Repellant Spray, please.

"Lollypops.  Come and get your lovely Lolleeepopssss" - The Kiddycatcher

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, PJMiller wrote:

> [Keith] decided to cheer me up
> by sending me some remarkable documentary footage of a man shoving his head
> up a horse's bum.

I want 500quid in unmarked bills, or I'll post the URL of the animated GIF
showing a man pooing into a lady's mouth (which someone once e-mailed me
as "the sickest thing I have ever seen")

> Roddddddddd, good luck with your exams.

Cheers.  I'm halfway between suicidely depressed and denial.  Life's
great, innit?

> By the way, does Rodddddddddd stand
> for Rodddddddddddney or Roddddddddddderick?

Rodddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddderick.

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Keith Watson wrote:

>     It has gone spookily quiet of late - the Americans in particular are
> being exceptionally quiet, new people as well, you'll have to start posting
> some stuff! Perhaps some introddddddddddddductions are in order.

OK... Rod, 21, CompSci student, living in Edinburgh.  I'm about three
months away from graduating, and four months away from moving to Boston.
My finals start on Tuesday, and I'm cacking meself.

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Alan Prior wrote:

> Message text written by Rod Begbie
> >And wasn't that Jo Whiley thing cack last night?<
>
> NO! It was ace, i think... but maybe only because it had 4 of my top 10
> sexiest people ever in it... then tosser Goldie was there to ruin it all.

I was just pissed off because they showed that All Saints video (which is
spectacularly dull, and will be *EVERYWHERE* for the next month or so) but
not the new Drugstore one, which I haven't seen yet, but want to because
it features Isobel Montiero who is my all-time favourite Brazillian
chain-smoking granny dwarf woman.  Anyone else going to their show at The
Venue in a fortnight?

> Bah. And that singer from the dandy warhols has *the* sexiest eyebrows in
> rock. fact.

If it wasn't for those bloody exams, I'd be going over to Glesga to see
them on Tuesday ('specially since The 'Store are supporting).  Someone
said on the list that they didn't like them 'cause they sounded like a
sub-standard Inspirals rip-off, whereas I like them for that exact same
reason.  (And am I unique in having absolutely no desire in seeing Zippy
(or whatever her name is)'s boobies?)

> what's the
> best way of commiting suicide? for myself, i mean, not the stories...

Blue Jam two weeks ago had a monologue about this.  The final outcome was
the best way was to tie a noose around your neck, tie the other end to a
lamppost, then get into your car and drive really quickly.  Of course, you
need someone else there to stop the car from crashing after you die.

Are there any BJ fans on this list?  It's Chris Morris' latest radio
outing, and is the most scary, offensive and/or bizarre "comedy" programme
in the entire history of the world.  It's on at 1am on a Thursday night
(if you see what I mean) on Radio 1, and is truely terrifying.

Some transcripts exist at http://www.koekie.org.uk/funnel/bluejam/ and I
have tapes of all episodes broadcast so far, so if anyone's after a copy,
give me an e-mail.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |