Sinister: Splatford to Lower Dean

Hopkins T t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 17 16:57:36 BST 1998

Adrian wrote...

> Tim Hopkins wrote :
>
> >Um, what else? Travelled from Rugby to Lincoln at the weekend in search
> >of a football game which never was. Arse.
>
> Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Haw Haw Haw Haw Tee Hee Hee Hee Coo Hoo Hoo Hoo.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> I have not got child-bearing hips.....alright ?
> Adrian Evans
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I had held my fire, but after this uncharitable little snurgle from Mr
Evans, I have been stung into a reply.

I caught my first sight of Adrian Evans at the Jim Shepherd show in Exeter a
few weeks back. (The show, by the way, was rather great and emotional for
me, partly because it was the welcome return of the most underrated voice of
his generation, and partly for other reasons which I really don't think you
all want to know about).
Anyway, on to Evans. Don't believe what he told you about his suit. He was
there, on a Sunday evening, with a grey pinstripe suit on, pens in his top
pocket and-yes- a clipboard.
He was going around collecting signatures on a 'keep education for the
wealthy' petition which he and Adrian Rogers (after whom Evans was named)
had dreamed up.
And he was wearing a 'Plymouth Argyle- the Greens are staying Up' badge.

List, it was horrible.

And he *has* got childbearing hips. And they sing horrible songs about him
at Exeter City away fixtures.

Be warned:-)

rum te tum, all in fun...

tim

PS thanks andy dean for the NME piece. I was very taken by the following
image:

"     Back in the waiting room, Richard offers to appear in a few posed
shots In the main church. After some cajoling, Stevie agrees to loin him,
but only if he can play the banjo. "

The thought of Stevie agreeing to 'loin' Richard, but only of there is banjo
playing involved (which one gets to play?) pleases me greatly, for some
reason.