Sinister: True Love, Sampras Thirty

The Tall Git skg21 at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 17 22:20:44 BST 1998

To attone for my previous completely non-B&S post, here's one that is.
B&S-related, that is, not non-B&S. But you probably guessed that. Oh well.

I would just like to say that I think "Wrong Love" is one of the best
things they've done. A simply beautiful tune, both melody and harmony. I
know other songs have been written in the same vain, but I can't think of
any that have been done better. It's the best song I've heard since "Sleep
The Clock Around" (and "Sleep The Clock Around" is the best thing I've
heard since, well, since last time I listened to it probably; and if it
isn't a top ten single by the end of the year there is no justice in the
world). It's the kind of song I reckon is perfect to fall in love to
(admittedly I don't actually have anyone to fall in love with at the
moment, but if I do ever find my very own cute-record-store-girl I'm sure
I would want to fall in love with her to it).

Having said that, I was disappointed to discover after a few listens to it
that the first line wasn't in fact
"I went looking for McDonald's
 I went looking for a sign".

Two questions though:
If Stevie wrote it specially for the session, does that mean it will
probably never be released? Because that would be an awful waste of a good
song.
Also, Steve Lamacq was going on about how they'd managed to fit 7 members
of B&S in the tour bus to record it; so who wasn't there?

Stuart G