Sinister: reading judy blume, but you came too soon

j i l l i a n suchgranddesigns at xxx.com
Sat Apr 18 04:52:22 BST 1998

hallo peeps,

for those of you that have wondered about that line, check out
http://www.gurl.com/magzine/where/features/apr96/blume/
for a short Q&A with judy blume herself.

not to clutter the list with children's television again but i'd just
like to quickly say that i was really glad to discover i wasn't the only
one obsessed with mathnet and square one.  anyone who remembers it (and
especially sarah, teri, and angela!) will no doubt want to see
http://www.saturn.holowww.com/wo05000.htm  for some scary obsession.

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:31:28 +0100 Chris Leonard <cleonard at MURRAYJ.COM>
writes:

>Ahh yes.  I'm becoming a little misty eyed now, don't you know.  It
>wasn't flash but it had soul I tell you.  I had an adventure game called
>"The House Of Brett" which I recently considered resurrecting.  You can
>see how far I got at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~calnd/Brett/  .
>I warn you, I only managed one page then I got bored with it.

it was you!  i remember this!!  i loved the one where brett was
kidnapped.  in fact, i found it so funny i printed out one of the pages..

"you pick up a big rock and start to kill the creatures.  this was a wise
move, because the creatures were evil, and the food was poison.  when
there is only one left, you stop, because it looks somewhat familiar.
you realise that it has been helping you destroy the others.  "why?"  you
ask it.  "because i am the singer from a popular british pop group", it
replies.  could this be brett, hideously transformed by evil magic?  "no"
say the creature.  "i am gaz from supergrass, and this is what i look
like."

and then there was another similar one called "cinderbretta" or something
where the ball was replaced by TOTP...  chris, this was genius!!!  bring
it back!  bring it back, i say!!  puhleese?

and now, an ink polaroid:

this one's of my brother and me in our joint bathroom - the kind with the
dual sinks and everything.  both sinks are plugged up with the sink on
the left containing scalding hot water and the one on the right filled
with cold (water that is).  the reason i am doubled over with that look
of pain on my face is because i'm laughing so hard that my stomach is
hurting - you know, like you do when you can't breathe or anything.  the
pink creature in jonathan's hands, half submerged in the hot water is
really tuxedo sam, the old skool sanrio penguin character.  he's one of
the toys left over from when i was wee and upon finding him buried in a
cardboard box under the stairs one day, i told jonathan about when i used
to take baths with tuxedo sam (along with hello kitty and my melody) -
the toys being of spongy character.  i wasn't a rude little girl, they
were meant for the bath and changed colour in both hot and cold water.
anyway, with mum out of the house, jonathan was looking for excuses to do
anything but his homework and suggested that we try and see if it still
worked so that's what we're doing here.  the normally purple tuxedo sam
is now bright pink because, according to jonathan, he is being subjected
to major burns.  not to worry, animal lovers, the awaiting cold water
will solve that.  if this was an ink cartoon, you'd also see little music
notes coming from jonathan's mouth.  that would be because he's
doo-dooing the lil tune from stuart david's treehouse which i've just
taught him.

:)
jillian.  xx