Sinister: spin spin spin

blink at xxx.net blink at xxx.net
Sun Apr 19 01:53:13 BST 1998

Hi all!
I had read that B&S were going to be in Spin's top 40...and goodness it's true!
I don't like Spin and various other magazines and usually whenever I see a
band I like in them I always get a little angry cos..well various reasons
that i won't get into..
BUT when I saw the little B&S...I felt actually happy..i think Stuart
Murdoch looks beautiful in that picture,the teeny little smile..awww...i
felt such an overwheming love for him and his voice when I saw that picture!!
Anyways..I didn't really care about what they wrote but here it is anyways:

Belle and Sebastian are indie rock's most notorious shrinking violets.They
refuse to be photographed,shun reporters,and rarely perform in public.Even
becoming a band at all was something of an accident for the Scottish
collective.Each year,Alan Rankine,a onetime member of 80's popsters the
Associates,shows his music buisness class at Glasgow's Stowe College how to
produce and market a record.In 1996,the class picked a demo tape by shy
singer/guitarist Stuart Murdoch,impressed both by his meticulously
arranged,slyly funny pop tunes,and his ethereal,Nick Drake-like voice. "The
strength of the songs just pissed on everything from a great height!" raves
Rankine.A surprised Murdoch cobbled some musician friends together and
recorded the acclaimed Tigermilk EP."We thought it was okay," says drummer
Richard Colburn."Then record companies and fans started calling and we
thought,My God,what have we done?" They signed with The Enclave label,which
folded soon after the release of the excellent If You're Feeling Sinister.A
new record will be released by Matador this summer,but the band is still
devising ways to confound the public. "I'm going to suggest something daft
like touring the world's Holiday Inns," says Rankine,still a band
confidante. "That ought to keep them occupied."

(radiohead pictures everywhere in this thing! Today,in a very trendy
'ohmigod' shoe store they were playing Paranoid Android.I wonder how Thom
woulda felt about that...because he's always going on about how he turns on
the tv and sees ads for toasters and feels disgust...)
 *sniff* My street poet friend didn't recognize me today..just cos i wasn't
wearing my miniskirt...so i got no true love poems today.But he met the
director of that famous opera which is performing at the nac now...limos
everywhere..so i was happy for him...i would like to be able to play B&S
songs very well on my guitar..i think it would be so nice to sit under the
bridge and be a belle n sebby busker...

kisses,
Genevieve

saw Nightwatch...that Nick Nolte is a creepy man!!!! And
Ewan...sounded..American! I didn't think he could do it...i much prefer
Scottish accent..mmm...redheads...