Sinister: reading judy blume, but you came too soon

vlass at xxx.com vlass at xxx.com
Sun Apr 19 18:51:03 BST 1998

good afternoon,

jillian (thanks for the square1 tv site! :) ) wrote:

<<for those of you that have wondered about that line, check out
http://www.gurl.com/magzine/where/features/apr96/blume/
for a short Q&A with judy blume herself.>>

i use judyblume as my nick on irc, and i am known to still read judy blume
books (it was -deenie- 2 weeks ago),but nevertheless, i have some resentment
towards her...

when i was younger, maybe in grade 4 or so, i wrote mrs. blume a letter
expressing how much her stories meant to me.. and, as an aspiring author i
sent her a story i wrote (the original copy too! how dumb of me..) asking
for advice about the "writing" world. anyway, a few months later i got an
envelope in the mail.. inside was a dissapointing glossy FORM LETTER with
her signature at the bottom.. she didn't answer any of my questions,
although she did scrawl "thanks for the story" after her autograph. i knew
she was a very busy woman, and someone told me that i should at least be
grateful for the scrawl, but still.. i was dissapointed. ann m martin,
author of the baby sitter club books, was much more considerate when she
wrote back to me :P

belle and sebastian dreams, you ask?
the other night i had a dream that i was in a shopping mall. i sat down at a
bench and stuart murdoch himself was sitting beside me.. that's all i
remember.. sorry - i don't give you much to work with dr.minka!

this has been a very music-y dream week:
apart from that b&s one, i had a dream that i won a vinyl copy of
stereolab's -emperor tomato ketchup- because i was the victor of one of
those name-that-tune contests that took place in big, cement warehouse.
then, i had a dream that i was with some of my friends at some sort of party
or convention or something, and this boy was giving away free magnetic
fields cds and eps. no one knew who they were, so i got them all... yay.

now i must go back to writing my greek essay.. sigh..

teri xoxo