Sinister: Picnics/Pam Berry/Portobello Beach

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 20 09:48:58 BST 1998

Hello Chums, first of all a bit about the picnics. We're all set for next
Saturday (1 o'clock outside Fopp in Byres Road). I've dragged a few of my
friends along too, so there should probably be around about 15 to 20 people
coming along. Incidentally, we'll be off buying some stuff to eat before
then, so I need to know how many of you only eat rabbit food so's that I
don't buy too many sausage rolls. Can you mail me please if you are
vegetarian. Sorry to all the people who couldn't make it but wanted to, we
will indeed have another one later on in the summer, probably in Edinburgh
this time inspired by... Myself and Paul and Linda's visit to Portobello
beach on Saturday where I was able to continue my strange obsession with the
sea and we were all able to indulge in a game of "Spot the power station".
We had a lovely meal in a little sort of greasy spoon cafe just off the
promenade, and drank tea for hours. Bear in mind anyone who comes up to
Edinburgh in the near future from the list and meets us is liable to be
whisked away to such a place, or indeed further afield, to like Elie or
someplace like that.

    Pam Berry : Talked to Andrew Tulley on Saturday night and I was telling
him about list stuff and all that and you and he says that should you write
to him at the shop, he'll get a load of stuff together and send it to you.
So here's the address of the shop if you're interested.

    Andrew Tulley,
    Avalanche Records,
    West Nicholson Street,
    Newington,
    Edinburgh.

(It's not the most accurate address I know, but it'll get there).

Nice to see Mr.Tall Git, Stuart Gardiner is back on after the easter break -
Which brings me on to another thing, I've knocked up a big document which is
essentially a concatenation of most of the B+S stuff available on the web.
It's in Word 97 format and it's available for download from Paul's website,
although Paul will have to remind people of where it is, since I don't think
there's a link there yet. If people are interested enough, I can convert the
file to Word 95, or indeed RTF which most programs will be able to read,
although the pictures will have to come out - simply because the file
increases in size to about 10 megs if it's not in Word 97.

Excellent, I'm off down the town in a bit to get the new Massive Attack
album.

Cheers,
    Keith.