Sinister: In Stockholm, no-one can hear you rule

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Mon Apr 20 17:44:06 BST 1998

So, did you miss me?

Once again, I've left my heart in Stockholm (and maybe my liver as
well).  Now I'm back at work, wading through a million digests.  You
didn't really expect a postcard, did you?  I was far too busy enjoying
myself, I'm afraid.  So maybe a couple of Swedish ink polaroids are in
order.

	This one is at my new mate Jeri's flat in Stockholm, the first
night away.  Marse and I have been drinking as nature ended for some
time, leading me to  declare that "indie kids are all wankers", while
professing a deep love of Judas Priest. Three other (somewhat more
sober) people are watching, looking at Marcus who is attempting to get
a rug to levitate, while explaining that we don't need a taxi cos "we
can get home by magic carpet".  I probably believe him.

	This is me playing records to an uncaring public.  Every time
I go to my drink, it has been mysteriously refilled.  As a result I
have just played one of my favourite Northern Soul stompers at the
wrong speed, to slyly sneak the volume up while the staff aren't
looking, and to attempt to segue "Up town top rankin" into "Dylan in
the movies".  Strangely, although at the bar itself the music is
deafening, the only other part of the place where any music can be
heard is the toilet.

	This is one of Anna in Copenhagen.  She is bent double with
hysterical laughter.  This is because I have just attempting to ask a
passer-by for directions by raising my finger ET-style and saying
"Excuse me" in a nervous falsetto.

Other highlights included seeing Make Up in Lund, who were just
fantastic, discovering a Scottish punk band called Oi! Polloi! were
playing in Stockholm, seeing "Austin Powers" which ruled; meeting
someone in Malmo who was such a serious raver he could dance to
advertising jingles, and well, just being in my favourite country.  I
never did get to meet Andreas (sorry), but hello to Stefan and the
mysterious Irish listee I met at Folkhammet, and most of all to
Tyskan, because she rules.

It snowed, but we didn't see any foxes.  We did, however, spend 15
minutes watching two dogs shagging in Kristiania.  It was dead
romantic.

Love
Tag xx