Sinister: sinister extra-curricular activities

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Tue Apr 21 14:24:07 BST 1998

> I'm a photographer, and I also play the flute.

Gee, I do both those things too.  Well, I do the photography as part of the
whole ART package, and will do for the next 3 years at uni.  How many other
people play orchestral instruments?  We could have mass renditions of the
instrumental and middle eight bits from *all the hits*: just imagine the
majestic sound of many flautists playing that tricky Emajor solo from We
Rule The School.  Which reminds me, I'll have to have a go at getting the
intro to Mary Jo right this week...

> Us North Americans are just jealous because we
> can't say flash things like 'crikey' or 'I'll give him a ring' or 'on the
> telly' without looking pretentious, and British folk pass them off with
> such ease.  Lucky ducks.

It's our glorious idiosyncracies that mark us as such wonderful people.
Har-de har har.  Seriously, it's really bizarre to think that "crikey" is a
foreign term to a lot of people on the list.  Weird.