Sinister: being a rebel is fine, but.....

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Tue Apr 21 18:20:32 BST 1998

Hello to all,

Hello and thanks very much to everyone who recently sent in the Belle
interviews/reviews misc stuff yadda yadda... i love you all but can i
just say how frustrating it is when someone posts "Belle and Sebastian
are in Spin! Bye!" with no elaboration??  so anyway big CHEERS to all
who went that extra mile and transcribed the bloody thing (genevieve for
doing so twice i think!)

That said, here's a review NME have of a band called Spraydog:
"Great band name, fab song title, cool label title, nice sleeve artwork.
Everything about Spraydog is groovy. Except the music. The music is, to
be frank, nimby-pimply, generic lo-fi, no-balls, zero-imagination, sans
talent, soppy-swot dog shit. Almost as crap, in fact, as Belle &
Sebastian. No, really. ""

oh hoh ho hehehe... admittedly their reviews are good for a chuckle, in
spite of (or because of?) their procilivity to randomly mention other
bands in reviews for the sole sake of dissing them... tho you'd think
they'd have moved on to someone new by now?

Whoever mentioned being in the Bay Area (Joanna?) hello we are in the
same boat!!  I guess a couple of listees are meeting up at Popscene on
thurs to try to harrass the Djs into playing Belle, so if you're
interested drop us a line:-)

ummm I think I have a crush on a listee, but am too embarrassed to admit
it...

shake it shake shake it hi-KA!
taralula